Removing distance barriers to health care
With real-time interactive video and advanced medical software, the Virginia Commonwealth University Telemedicine Center offers long-distance clinical health care, as well as patient and professional health-related education. Patients unable to receive treatment at our Richmond hospitals can access our medical care in a cost-efficient manner through telemedicine technology.
Any VCU Medical Center clinic can provide telemedicine care, including the specialty clinics listed below. For a specific specialty need not listed below, please contact us to request telemedicine coverage.
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Infectious diseases
- Oral surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- 30 Virginia Department of Corrections’ facilities
- Community Memorial Health Center in South Hill, Va.
- Centra Health System in Lynchburg, Va.
- Danville Regional Medical Center
- Southern Virginia Regional Medical Center in Emporia, Va.
- Riverside Health System
- Virginia Center for Behavior Rehabilitation
- Valley Health System in Winchester, Va.
VCU Medical Center Telemedicine is equipped with:
- Mobile telemedicine units
- State-of-the-art video conferencing
- Desktop and classroom supported applications
Raymond Lewandowski, M.D.
Tamara Broadnax, M.S., RN
Theresa Liverman, M.S., R.N.C.-M.N.N.
Clinical operations supervisor
Vladimir Lavrentyev, M.B.A.